The logistics coordinator is part of the mission coordination team,and is therefore based in the capital of the country, or at times in another location selected by MSF. You will be responsible for implementing the organisation’s policies and strategies in each of the logistics families to provide adequate logistical support to the different projects in the country. You will also have to supervise and support the various logistics teams in both the capital and the projects.
- At least 3 years’ proven experience as logistics coordinator in humanitarian organisations, two years of which must have been in senior management positions.
- Proven experience setting up and supervising logistics systems in countries with humanitarian problems and/or in emergency situations.
- Proven experience in setting up and managing security systems, project planning and team management in humanitarian missions.
- Previous experience in unstable contexts or in countries in conflict.
- Good level of English and French. Candidates with both languages will be given priority.
- Availability of 12 months.
- University degree and/or training in humanitarian logistics and supply.
- Humanitarian emergency management.
- Knowledge of Arabic, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
What we offer:
- Induction process to the organisation and the position.
- Salary determined by experience and MSF's salary table.
- The chance to develop professionally in an international organisation. A profile manager from the HR department will monitor your professional development (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and helping those most in need.