The financial coordinator (FinCo) forms part of the management team, supports the head of mission and works at the MSF base in the capital or other designated city. His/her main responsibilities are to manage the financial resources of the mission, ensuring transparency (external and internal).
The FinCo is also responsible for managing his/her team, supervising the work of the financial administrators of the projects, and works in close coordination with the mission coordination team.
We are looking for experienced professionals with theoretical and practical knowledge of: accounting, budgeting, deviation analysis, treasury, auditing, financial controlling, among others.
- Degree in finance, management or business administration.
- At least two years’ work experience.
- Good level of English and/or French. Priority will be given to candidates who speak both languages.
- Availability of 12 months
- Basic IT skills
- Master's or postgraduate degree in finance.
- Field experience with other NGOs or as an administrator with MSF.
- Knowledge of Arabic, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Proven experience in people and team management.
- Knowledge of SAP and/or any other ERP.
What we offer:
- Preparatory course before leaving to the field.
- Legal contract for the duration of the mission.
- The gross basic salary is approximately €1,300 per month during first missions and for positions of lesser responsibility. The salary is regularly reviewed according to the length of time in the organisation and the experience acquired.
- The chance to develop professionally in an international organisation. A profile manager from the HR department will monitor your professional development (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and helping those most in need.