MSF gynaecologists work in close coordination with other members of both the expatriate and national team (nurses, midwives, lab technicians, etc.).
Among other things, MSF gynaecologists’ responsibilities include attending to planned and emergency obstetric surgery, complicated births, and doing post-operative follow-up together with the anaesthetist.
Clinical skills and problem-solving capacity are vital for coping with the shortcomings in infrastructures. A major component of our gynaecologists’ work is the supervision and training of national staff.
- Degree in medicine and completed residency in gynaecology and obstetrics.
- Medical registration.
- At least two years’ work experience, including experience in surgery.
- Ability to work with limited resources and in difficult conditions.
- Good level of English and/or French.Priority will be given to candidates who speak both languages.
- Minimum availability of six months, although preferably for longer.
- Basic IT skills.
- Field experience with other NGOs.
- Knowledge of Arabic, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Experience in supervising, managing and training of staff.
What we offer:
- Preparatory course before leaving to the field.
- Legal contract for the duration of the mission
- The gross basic salary is approximately €1,300 per month during first missions and for positions of lesser responsibility. The salary is regularly reviewed according to the length of time in the organisation and the experience acquired.
- The chance to develop professionally in an international organisation. A profile manager from the HR department will monitor your professional development (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and helping those most in need.