He/she is the person ultimately responsible for developing and implementing MSF policies and the Annual Plan and budget, and for establishing the security conditions for the operations and teams. As MSF's representative in the country, he/she will deal with the national authorities, donors, the media and the different MSF sections.
- Undergraduate degree and/or Master's degree in Political Sciences, Business Administration, Economics or similar.
- At least three years’ proven experience as country coordinator in humanitarian organisations, two of which must be in senior management positions.
- At least two years' experience in managing teams of more than five people
- At least one year's experience of working in unstable contexts or in countries in conflict (preferably in Africa or the Middle East).
- Experience in public health programmes, international and humanitarian policy, context analysis and institutional relations.
- Good level of English and French. Candidates with both languages will be given priority.
- Availability of 12 months.
- Bachelor in Medicine; Master in Humanitarian Aid, Cooperation and Development or Public Health; Postgraduate related to Security/Emergencies.
- Knowledge of Arabic, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
What we offer:
- Induction process to the organisation and the position.
- Salary determined by experience and MSF's salary table.
- The chance to develop professionally in an international organisation. A profile manager from the HR department will monitor your professional development (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and helping those most in need.