The water, sanitation and hygiene logistician (watsan) is responsible for all aspects concerning water and sanitation in the project.
This can include clean water supply, water treatment, infection control, vector control inside and outside health structures, sanitation and waste management in health structures and communities and building latrines. WHS specialist improves the health state of the communities also by organizing hygiene promotion to prevent epidemics.
Work of WHS specialist is highly needed in emergencies. Usually you will have the responsibility to manage and organize work of small teams (between 1 and 5 people). You coordinate activities in collaboration with medical and logistical teams.
Candidates need to hold a diploma in water management, water treatment, chemistry, civil engineering, hydrology or similar.
- Diploma in relevant area.
- At least two years' relevant work experience.
- Good level of English and French. Knowledge of Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic will also be valued.
- Field experience with other NGOs will be considered an advantage.
- Availability of 12 months.
What we offer:
- Preparatory course before leaving to the field.
- Legal contract for the duration of the mission.
- The gross basic salary is approximately €1,300 per month during first missions and for positions of lesser responsibility. The salary is regularly reviewed according to the length of time in the organisation and the experience acquired.
- The chance to develop professionally in an international organisation. A profile manager from the HR department will monitor your professional development (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.