S/he will have to deal with project design including planning of financial and human resources needed, tender and planning documents, contracts, supervision of construction site and project budget follow up.
Logistician constructor is also responsible for hiring local staff, negotiating agreements and permits with local authorities to develop the construction, negotiation with subcontractors and local authorities, and organizing supply of materials.
Hands-on experience from the construction site is required. You need to be also personality oriented on problem solving, have good communication, negotiation and improvisation skills.
Ideal candidates for this position are architects, civil engineers or profiles with relevant experience in construction.
- Degree/diploma in the relevant field.
- At least 2 years' work experience in the relevant field.
- Good level of English and French. Knowledge of Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic will also be valued.
- Experience in the field with other NGOs will be considered an advantage.
- Availability of 12 months.
What we offer:
- Preparatory course before leaving to the field..
- Legal contract for the duration of the mission.
- The gross basic salary is approximately €1,300 per month during first missions and for positions of lesser responsibility. The salary is regularly reviewed according to the length of time in the organisation and the experience acquired.
- The chance to develop professionally in an international organisation. A profile manager from the HR department will monitor your professional development (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and helping those most in need.