The types of projects that we assign to our midwives are very varied: opening a small maternity hospital in a rural setting, establishing a programme to respond to sexual violence problems, attending patients in a hospital in a city, etc. Our midwives work in diverse cultural contexts and in conflict zones. It is therefore necessary to be able to adapt to that specific reality.
- Diploma/degree in nursing, with specialty in obstetric-gynaecological nursing.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience.
- Experience in complicated deliveries and perinatal care.
- Demonstrable experience in family planning and mother-child care.
- Good level of English and French. Priority will be given to candidates with knowledge of both languages.
- Minimum availability of 12 months (divided into two missions of six months).
- User-level IT skills.
- Experience in the field with other NGOs.
- Knowledge of Arabic, Spanish and/or Portuguese will be valued.
- Training and/or specialised experience, eg in tropical diseases, public health, etc.
What we offer
- Preparatory course before leaving to the field.
- Legal contract for the duration of the mission.
- The gross basic salary is approximately €1,000 per month during first missions and for positions of lesser responsibility. The salary is regularly reviewed according to the length of time in the organisation and the experience acquired.
- The chance to develop professionally in an international organisation. A profile manager from the HR department will monitor your professional development (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and helping those most in need.