The medical coordinator is part of the mission coordination team, and will therefore work at the MSF base in the capital of the country or in another location selected for this purpose. You will be responsible for implementing and developing the medical policies, strategies and programmes defined for MSF's projects in the country.
You will have to analyse and investigate possible disease outbreaks and different emergency situations, defining proposals and the start of medical actions. You will be part of the country coordination team, based in the capital. You will supervise and support the medical teams and represent MSF in dealings with the health authorities in the country and in the medical aspect of our advocacy work.
- Medical/nursing degree with experience in tropical medicine and/or public health.
- At least 3 years’ proven experience as country medical coordinator in humanitarian organisations, two years of which must have been in senior management positions.
- Proven experience in setting up and supervising medical programmes in organisations similar to MSF, including the planning, setting up and implementation of projects.
- Previous experience in unstable contexts or in countries in conflict.
- Good level of English and French. Candidates with both languages will be given priority.
- Availability of 12 months.
- Studies in infectious diseases, medical care of displaced populations, mother-and-child health and/or medicine in disasters.
- Postgraduate degree in humanitarian studies.
- Knowledge of Arabic, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
What we offer:
- Induction process to the organisation and the position.
- Salary determined by experience and MSF's salary table.
- The chance to develop professionally in an international organisation. A profile manager from the HR department will monitor your professional development (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and helping those most in need.