RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
Prevention activities and field visits
- Analyse existing sensitiveness, knowledge, barriers and awareness in relation to Behaviour and Medical Ethics in general and the current weaknesses in OCBA communication in relation to the matter and adapt the awareness sessions to each context.
- Participate in Briefings for CMT members in collaboration with Abuse and Ethics Lead.
- Raise awareness at field and HQ level about Behavior and Medical Ethics frame, explaining to all staff individual and institutional responsibility, and what do to if they are victim or if they witness of an abuse towards staff and beneficiaries or medical malpractices.
- Support the OCBA fields, HQ and decentralized units in the implementation of the Behavioural Commitments.
- Implement different tools (including: Behaviour frame, SMAE and MPC protocol) in OCBA’s key missions through visits of roughly 2 to 3 weeks.
- Provide CMT members at mission level with sufficient tools to manage and escalate cases following the guidance and directions to be provided by the Behaviour Committee, Abuse and Ethics Lead and Medical department.
- Liaise with Abuse and Ethics Lead , Medical department ,Human Resources Management Unit and Behaviour Committee to update on findings and progresses in missions
- Train and mentor CMT members in communication and prevention activities in relation to the matter.
- Elaborate TOR for each visit in collaboration with Ethics and Abuse Lead, and produce visit reports including: assessment of the context related to barriers, weaknesses and strengths of each mission, main topics of discussion and problems encountered, sessions and trainings done, reporting and communication systems.
Communication channels and training
- Support CMT’s in establishing sustainable communication channels on the matter with each project.
- Propose revisions of policies and processes to Abuse and Ethics Lead, Behaviour Committee, HRM unit and Medical department on the basis of the experiences acquired.
- Capitalize on the prevention visits in order to revise communication tools and propose adapted modules on the issue in trainings
- Participate in training sessions upon request.
- Participate in meetings at department and service level as well as in other in-house discussion forums.
- Upon request of the Behaviour Committee participate as interviewer in Behaviour cases.
The field visits should normally not exceed 3-4 weeks for each mission. It has to be noted that this is a field position; the larger proportion of the time (80 %) will be spent in the field, with HQ tasks in between the missions.
- Field experience within MSF is mandatory. Relevant experience in similar organisations will be taken into consideration.
- Exposure to trainings or previous professional experience on Behavioural and medical Ethics issues and Abuse prevention is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Arabic, Portuguese and Spanish are assets
- Facilitation skills for the sensitization sessions are a strong asset
- Experience in team management is an asset
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic Vision
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strong emotional intelligence is required
- Willingness to travel at short notice to whatever context MSF is working in, for missions in principle not exceeding 1 month
- Home based with frequent travelling to the projects (80% of his /her time, the rest in HQ Barcelona).
- Contract: 12 months with possible extension depending on the evolution of the assigned portfolio.
- Full time job.
- Annual gross salary: 26,981.28 € (divided into 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy.
- Practical working conditions while in the field are as per the MSF-OCBA guidelines.
- Starting date: April 2019
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “MIO - Behaviour and Medical Ethics" to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
- Closing date: 03/04/2019
- Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
- Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned position.