JOB GENERAL OBJECTIVE AND CONTEXT
The Co-Week Coordinator is the responsible for the conceptual and organisational aspects of the Coordinators Week 2018.
The Co-Week will last seven days, starting on the 4th until the 8th of June, i.e. the week around MSF-Spain General Assembly (GA) that takes place the 9th and 10th of June.
The agenda for the week will be defined by beginning of April, leaving almost 2 months to identify speakers and facilitators, prepare topics, contents and debates, and organize the functioning aspects.
Objectives and agenda topics will be developed, as well as other emerging priorities, through a consultation that will be one of the first tasks to be undertaken by the organizer. The agenda should provide for an exchange of operational realities, debate, analysis and whenever possible consensus (HoMs, MedCos and HQ) on the strategic aspect of our actions.
Foresee the following:
- Discussion and debate on core topics facilitated by internal or external figures according to the topic and expected results of each module
- Structured presentations and debates developed by coordinators and external figures.
- Presentation and debate from a sampling of missions on specific operational challenges, difficulties etc., and the strategies defined to respond to them.
- Presentation and debate on relevant issues
- Support to the HoMs to prepare motions for the GA if relevant
- Time to draw conclusions from the different topics to be discussed
- Time for flexible and ad hoc meetings between field, cell and DirOps members
- Flexibility in the agenda to schedule ad hoc topics and discussion after the initial output of the first 1-2 days
Participation (to be confirmed with Operations, Medical Department and HR-Field)
Current and potential HoMs and MedCos
External (other OCs and organisations) and internal (OCBA HQ staff) invitees may participate as facilitators, speakers or observers.
The organisation of this coordinator’s week (CW) will be carried-out by a team of 2 persons, led by the Co-Week Coordinator with an administrative and logistical assistant (CWA). The Co-Week team will be hired by and accountable to the Deputy Director of Operations Manager, and followed up directly by the Director of Operations and the Director of the Medical Department while periodically consulting and fine-tuning in department meetings.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Collect the relevant inputs from stakeholders for the design of the agenda and the organisation of the Co-Week
- Design the agenda of the Co-Week under the approval of the Operations and Medical Department Directors
- Define, together with the Operations and Medical Department Directors and HR the list of participants (coordinators, potential coordinators, guests).
- Ensure relevant guest speakers from other sections, other organisations, etc.
- Ensure adequate facilitators/moderators for each module
- Ensure and channel the communication and information flow between HoMs, MedCos, HQ and guests throughout the process
- Ensure the clear definition of objectives, expected outcomes and methodology of each module
- Support the design and preparation of presentations and debates as well as the sequencing and pace of the Co-Week
- Prepare the bibliography and support documents to be sent to the field prior the CW.
- Organize “evening conferences” and encourage the involvement of coordinators and HQ staff
- Draft JD and recruit the Co-Week Assistant
- Ensure note-taking and conclusions of each module
- Draft and complete the final report of the CW2018
- Assure the follow up of the CW2017 report´s recommendations and action points.
Education and experience
- Participation in Coordinators’ Week or similar
- Experience: MSF experience in coordination positions. HQ experience is a plus
- Languages: English. French and Spanish (spoken and written) a plus
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Desirable: leadership, strategic vision, pedagogic skills
- Based in Barcelona at the Médecins Sans Frontières-Spain Headquarters
- Full time job
- Temporary position: 2,5 months,
- Annual gross salary: 29,479.13 € + Secondary Benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy.
- Starting: 2nd April 2018.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “Coordinator of the 2018 HoM & MedCo Week” to email@example.com.
- Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
- Closing date: 21st of March 2018
- Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates
- Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned position.