Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations.
TEMBO PROGRAM FRAMEWORK
MSF OCBA has obtained approval and funding from the MSF international movement to carry out a Transformational Investment Capacity (TIC) program called TEMBO: "Your personal learning and development environment".
This program aims to provide MSF field workers with a personal learning and development environment (PLDE), a learning system based on a software platform that will help MSF employees take control and manage their own learning and, therefore, their own development. Tailored to individual needs and learning competencies, this personally managed space will enable real-time access to a wide range of learning and development solutions on an important but not exclusive basis of online solutions.
The development of this program is planned over three years and will require a specialized team of between 10 and 15 staff with diverse competences in the fields of pedagogy, education, technology, human resources, medicine and humanitarian operations.
TEMBO E-learning Context
TEMBO’s PLDE focuses on digital elearning solutions. It is tasked with generating innovative learning solutions to expand the scope and methodologies of elearning used within MSF. The TEMBO knowledge and content team is currently producing various elearning courses that will be incorporated in the final PLDE that will be launched in the field in 2019. The team works on all aspects of these courses: analysis and development of new learning solutions adapted to the needs of MSF projects and staff. These projects involve all the necessary steps of the learning cycle, including needs analysis, solutions design, development, implementation and evaluation. To manage these projects, a diverse set of processes, methodologies and tools are applied (such as Activity Theory Analysis, Design Thinking, Authoring Tools, etc.) This area also implies regular contact and negotiation with numerous internal and external clients, partners and providers (some of the projects being subcontracted to external providers.)
The MSF-OCBA eLearning officer, working under the supervisor of the TEMBO Instructional Designer, is responsible for giving support in the design and development of learning solutions, always looking at providing creative and best quality services that meet MSF-OCBA learning needs.
Main responsibilities may include any of the steps of a learning cycle, including learning needs analysis, solutions design, development, implementation and/or evaluation. These are often done with a combination of internal clients (notably staff from the projects or the headquarters) and internal and external resources (such as subject matter experts and instructional designers).
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Participates in the definition of user needs using different methodologies
- Collaborates in having always user information to be able to adapt learning solutions
- Works very close to the subject matter expert in the definition of learning materials and resources
- Support design and development of learning materials and resources
- Participates in the definition of the best learning tool or solutions that best fits learning goals (taking into account both pedagogical and technological issues)
- Creates templates and other resources that can help the design and development of learning material
- Participates actively in the production of learning material of different type (videos, SCORM objects, documents, images, infographics and others)
- Integrates learning material into the TEMBO PLDE
- Participates in the maintenance and update of ongoing learning solutions
- Use and maintain design documents, course content and lists of media elements
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Educational Psychology, Pedagogy, Educational or Learning Sciences or e-learning related fields.
- Experience carrying out e-learning projects and similar tasks described above
- Highly skilled in the use of technological tools that can be used for educational purposes.
- Experience in designing and implementing training strategies
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in learning environment development, MOOC´s and/or keeping up-to-date with latest eLearning Trends in the industry
- Experience in working for a diverse, non-technical, and geographically spread organization
- Experience in Agile Methodologies, Design Thinking and UX is an asset
- English as working language, French and Spanish desirable
- Good command of Moodle, Totara/Mahara, Microsoft Office and/or Open Office
- Desirable knowledge of best practices frameworks and standard design methodologies: SCRUM, Agile, Design Thinking, etc.
- SCORM content production and editing technician with Articulate Storyline, including creation of Storyline, Vyond animations and editing and export in several languages.
- HTML basic knowledge
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- An understanding of the principles and practice of user centered design/product development
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organization
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Temporary position based in Barcelona–Spain, at the Médecins Sans Frontières Spain
- Time Period : 6 months (temporary)
- Full time job.
- Annual gross salary: € 30,314.30 (divided into twelve monthly payments) + Secondary Benefits based on the MSF-OCBA Reward Policy
- Starting date: June 1, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “TEMBO e-learning Off" to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
- Closing date: 26/05/2019
- Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
- Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned position.