Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations.
CONTEXT AND GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POST
In line with the Strategic Plan OCBA 2014-2017, and the 2018-2019 SP extension, which set the enhancement of MSF emergency response capacity as a clear priority, the Emergency Learning Project will contribute to improve the quality of the emergency responses of the organization, by developing learning solutions for emergencies covering the existing and planned needs.
The Subject Matter Expert will work within the TEMBO Program Team. Hierarchically accountable to the Knowledge and Content Project Manager, and working in close collaboration with the Logistics Learning Referent and the Logistics Department, the Subject Matter Expert will be responsible to carry out the project tasks in his/her area as explained below.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
Review of performance and learning needs assessment:
- Review the learning needs analysis report including population analysis, task analysis, competency gaps, etc. and the work developed by previous Emergency Learning Project SMEs
Design and development of learning solutions:
- Defines along with the project instructional designer a learning strategy for the MSF logistics emergency knowledge area.
- Proposes the design of concrete learning solutions.
- Work together with the project Instructional Designer in the design of the learning solutions.
- Develops learning solutions along with the instructional designer, technical referents, external providers and the learning unit.
- Specific tasks may include revision or further development of task analysis; development of new content for learning solutions in the form of scripts, ppt presentations, etc; developing an extended bibliography of reference materials; and other tasks as identified.
- Gather the required inputs from the members of the Emergency Unit, Medical and Logistic departments.
- Test the learning solutions.
Implement and evaluate learning solutions:
- Supports the implementation of the learning solution proposed.
- Evaluate the results, and gather feedbacks to improve the learning solution.
- Make the learning solution available to the targets in the best possible way (eg. extranet, offline, online, face-to-face, etc.)
Field visits might be required, for the analysis and the test and implementation of the learning solutions.
Education and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ logistics field experience:
- coordinating emergencies with MSF
- doing alert investigations
- setting up systems for alert detections in regular missions
- setting up EPPs in regular missions
- organizing mass casualties plans
- Fluent English. French, Arabic and Spanish are very much valued.
- Experience in Learning is an asset.
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic Vision
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Temporary post based in MSF OCBA Barcelona headquarters
- Working from home might be possible according to the tasks to be carried out and depending on the personal circumstances of the applicant.
- Full-time job.
- Temporal contract of 3 months with possible extension.
- Annual gross salary: € 32,694.71 (divided into 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy.
- Starting date: February 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “Logistics Subject Matter Expert " to email@example.com
- Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
- Closing date: 10/02/2019
- Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
- Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned position.