Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization created in 1971, providing aid to populations in need, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to the people affected by armed conflicts, without discrimination and regardless of their race, religion, belief or political affiliation (MSF Charter).
OCBA stands for Operational Centre Barcelona-Athens and is made up of four Operational Cells (OCs), the Emergency Unit and the Humanitarian Affairs Unit (HAU) and other departments or services supporting Operations.
MSF-OCBA is currently present in around 20 countries.
The project coordinator, also called the field coordinator, is part of MSF's coordination team for the mission in any given country. You will ensure the correct implementation and management of the activities and resources, in accordance with the objectives set out for each project, as well as their everyday management.
You represent MSF within the limits of the project and under the supervision of MSF's general coordinator (head of mission) in the country. You will also ensure compliance with humanitarian and ethical principles, and with security norms in the project.
- At least two years’ proven experience in project management in humanitarian organisations.
- Proven experience in managing teams, people and security.
- Prior experience in unstable contexts or countries in conflict.
- Good level of English and/or French. Priority will be given to candidates who speak both languages.
- Availability of at least 12 months.
- Degree in business administration, political science, international relations, sociology, anthropology, etc.
- Postgraduate degree in humanitarian studies.
- Knowledge of Arabic, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
What we offer:
- Induction process to the organisation and the position.
- Salary determined by experience and MSF's salary table.
- The chance to develop professionally in an international organisation. A profile manager from the HR department will monitor your professional development (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and helping those most in need.
How to apply:
- To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “Field Coordinator" to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
- Closing date: 31/05/2019
- Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
- Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned position.