Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent medical humanitarian action-driven organisation, providing aid to populations in need, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to the people affected by armed conflicts, without discrimination and regardless of their race, religion, belief or political affiliation (MSF Charter).
The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 4 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including the Logistics Department.
Emergency responses fall under the responsibility of the Operations Department, specifically the Emergency Unit (EU).
The operational plan is channeling most of its energies and capacities to-wards providing lifesaving and comprehensive care for victims of acute and protracted conflict and violence, emphasizing high quality interventions and the safety and dignity of patients. In doing so, OCBA will have Emergency response to acute needs at the forefront of our organizational priorities and culture, in a range of 20 to 30% of our operational volume.
We will continue improving timely and appropriate emergency response in conflicts, to outbreaks and to acute nutritional crises.
JOB GENERAL OBJECTIVE AND CONTEXT
Hierarchically accountable to the Head of the Emergency Unit (REUE) and/or its deputy, and functionally under the Operational Cell-based RRHH Responsible (REHUCO-UE) (S)he is part of a team composed of around 20 people of MSF OCBA “Emergency Team”, or emergency pool. A typical intervention is composed of a General Emergency coordinator, emergency medical/logistic/financial coordinators and medical/logistic/financial technicians. (S)he will be responsible to support and manage the teams working for MSF OCBA in the field, ensuring a suitable response.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Being a strategic partner to Operations contributes to the definition and implementation of the mission’s objectives and ensures the HR capacity required, sizing, contribution and active participation in order to achieve mission goals effectively. This will be done according to MSF human resources vision and values
Define, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of human resources policies in the Mission, ensuring they are in line with the context, the operational challenges and the strategic HR.
Is responsible of ensuring that MSF is a Responsible employer in the mission, supports proper management of HR across the board and assumes full responsibility of all Administrative and legal issues in the Mission
I) Planning of Human Resources Needs
- Participates in the definition and planning of a project opening/closure from the HR perspective.
- Advises and supports the Mission Coordination Team (MCT) and Head of Mission (HoM) in particular to design the organisational chart and set up national and international field teams.
- Provides advices and technical expertise to MCT in the definition of decision-making channels (organisation chart).
- In close collaboration with the Mission Coordination Team, plans HR operational and budget needs in order to efficiently ensure the required HR sizing and capabilities of the mission
- Provides the necessary information for the identification and proper matching of people to fill in international positions.
- Handles administrative management of MSF international and national staff;
- Respects and promotes confidentiality in the use and filing of all personal records of the staff working or having worked in the mission.
- Is the responsible and technical referent for HR and Administration related issues at Mission level (recruitment, management and development of teams, contracting of national, etc.).
III) Support to MCT and other team responsible in HR management
- Provides technical support on HR management to MCT and/or to any person who is managing people; ensures that all know, understand and apply HR management policies and tools.
- Make sure that cases linked to behavioural issues are prevented, detected and managed.
Education, experience and competences
- Degree in Economics, Business Administration, HR management or similar.
- MSF experience of minimum 12 months or 2 missions as Human Resources Coordinator: preferably in emergencies or varied contexts.
- Experience with other organizations will be taken into consideration.
- Fluent (master them as working language) in at least two of the three following languages: Spanish, English and/or French.
- Good IT knowledge: Microsoft Office package, Homere
- Having followed any MSF course will be considered a plus.
- Availability to travel frequently and be based overseas
- Availability to work in unstable contexts
- Identification with MSF
- Cross-cultural Awareness and Flexibility
- Strategic Vision
- Quality and Results orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Internal User and/or End Beneficiary orientation
- People Management
Based in the field during interventions. At home during stand-by periods
Salary defined by the MSF-Spain salary grid (pool UE, IRP2)
- Commitment: minimum 1 year
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “HRCO" to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
- Closing date: 14/05/2019
- Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
- Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned