Context & Mission
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centres supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF Operational Centre Geneva (MSF OCG) is one of these centres. The operations are implemented by around 40 field teams, 20 mission coordination teams and organizational units based in Africa, Middle East, Asia and Central America. The field operations are guided and supported by 4 Operational Desks, the Emergency Desk and other departments supporting operations, including the Medical Department and Information Systems.
MSF OCG is continuously adapting processes and tools to improve efficiency and quality of information management. In the framework of the OCG Strategic Plan, the organization is focusing in facilitating the access and use of information available for the teams, both in the field and in the headquarters, to support decision-making and improve the quality of the field operations.
The Information Systems Department is organized into 3 units:
- a Unit for Infrastructure and Service delivery
- a Unit for Projects and Business Applications
- an Office of the Director of Information Systems
The System Administrator installs, puts in production, administers and operates ICT infrastructure means of the OCG sites for on premise infrastructure and manage the operations-oriented service providers for the outsourced infrastructure. He/she participates in the optimal functioning of the systems by guaranteeing that they are constantly up to date and performing with an objective of quality, productivity, availability and security. He/she proposes innovative solutions and approaches that leverage our resources.
Administration & User support
- Is responsible for the optimal running of the systems, tools and networks. And keeps and overall and up-to-date view on information systems, incoming projects as well as a good knowledge of the organisation
- Keeps a permanent inventory and manages various components of the infrastructure andFollow-up and perform analysis on performances.
- Elaborates rules of use of the tools, in-line with the standards of the organisation and according to the SLAs. Documents, communicates and controls the application of those rules.
- Licences management: Ensures the organization is constantly up-to-date in regard to the licenses on the systems and manages different other aspects of the security.
- Incident Management: Responds to user requests and issues that are escalated from the support team level 1-2; systematically records relevant information (tickets) and solves the incidents or problems.
Solution deployment & Document production
- Carries out the installation and the integration of new systems in the production environment following predefined general standards of practice and configures hardware, software or network.
- Installs additional hardware, software or sub system components into an existing or proposed system. Complies with established processes and procedures (e.g. configuration management, release management…), considering the specification, capacity and compatibility of existing and new modules to ensure integrity and interoperability.
- Formally hands over fully operational solution to user and completes documentation recording all relevant information, including equipment addressees, configuration and performance data.
- Produces documents describing products, services, components or applications to establish compliance with relevant documentation requirements.
- Involvement in the Change Management attend the Change Advisory Board when needed for sharing the Infrastructure point of view on upcoming Changes
Testing & Expertise
- Constructs and executes systematic test procedures for IT systems or customer usability requirements to establish compliance with design specifications.
- Ensures meeting of internal, external, national and international standards; including health and safety, usability, performance, reliability or compatibility.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure a stable and secure system and ensures the security is at the correct level.
- Provides IT expertise to the members IS department and to the lines of business for the implementation of business solutions (hosting, integration, interfacing, SLA’s, contracts, etc.). Propose solutions.
- Implements IT aspects of business solutions as part of the project teams and performs regular technological watch on IT aspects.
- Proposes improvements on technical solutions or processes. Formally present proposals or project charters as requested and refers and complies to the infrastructure architect.
- Follows and optimise SLA and OLA with our partners
- Responsible for managing the operations-oriented service providers : review KPI and SLA, anticipate variation of load and needs and overseeing the coordination of change and problem management.
- Acts as team member/SME for applicative and infrastructure projects
- In the frame of infrastructure improvements projects, act as project manager or technical project lead. Comply with the PM methodology in place (phasing, charters, reporting, etc…) in the IS department.
Experience & Technical Competencies
- A minimum of 5 years work experience as an IT System Administrator
- A multiple and complex international environment experience
- IT project methodology
- Various systems: Windows, Unix, Linux
- Active Directory
- Cloud services, IAAS, PAAS, SAAS
- Workplace: W10, ATP, SCCM, WSUS, MDM…
- Network administration, IT Security, ITIL, ITSM Tools
- Scripting, SQL is a plus
Education & skills
- Master degree in computer science or related field
- English and French are essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Service, quality and result-oriented
- Autonomous and very well organized
- Excellent team player, flexible and Pro-active.
Terms of Employment
- Permanent contract, full-time (100%)
- Based in Geneva
- Ideal starting date: April 2019
- Gross annual salary : from CHF 90’576.- to 103’932.- (salary commensurate with experience and internal salary grid)
How to apply
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in English or in French. Closing date for application is 8th February 2019.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.