Define, implement and coordinate all mental health related activities in the project area; ensuring the quality of care, analyzing statistics and reports, managing staff involved in mental health related activities according to MSF protocols in order to provide the most appropriate support for patients.
- Identify the need of MH support in the population within the scope of the project and participate to the setting up of MSF strategy accordingly
- Participate in the definition, planning, organization and update of the mental health activities and its budgeting, in close collaboration with other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective use of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF activities.
- Ensure the implementation of all Mental Health standard protocols and methodologies set by MSF and supervise their application by all professionals under his/her responsibility, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment for patients
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Supervise and ensure that mental health activities (in and outside health facilities), with the clients are performed with regular follow-up and according to all MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate treatment for clients with psycho social problems ensuring mental health team is calm and neutral during sessions regardless of personal feelings and/or beliefs.
- Review and develop the technical material, tools, guidelines and documents elaborated for the mental health activities in order to develop appropriate support for patients
- Do a mapping and its regular update of the existing services, including other INGO’s, local NGO’s, community groups and governmental health services, etc and maintain regular communication and collaboration according to objectives and context.
- Ensure good communication with the other components of the project
- Ensures, in close collaboration with medical department, that mental health department participates in counselling, prevention parent to child transmission (PPTCT) and voluntary counselling and testing (VTC) activities when needed, and according to existing protocols in force at any time.
- Monitor and evaluate mental health support activities (define indicators and follow up tools, collect and analyze data, report regularly about mental health activities, etc.) in order to have reliable information about activities and adapt them accordingly. Participates in monthly reports according to guidelines (Sitrep, statistical report, etc.)
- Share problematic situations and cases with the Medical Coordinator for help with decision making and problem resolution.
- Ensure that psychiatric patients coming to MSF facilities receive proper treatment including psychotropic medication and psychosocial support either within a MSF program or thru referral to an appropriate resource.
- Identify possible advocacy issues and inform MC and PC before taking any action. Advocacy is not under Mental Health Activities Manager accountabilities.
- Provide training and supervision on a regular basis.
- Degree/master in psychology or social work or MD degree with specialization in psychiatry.
- Essential working experience of at least two years as psychologist or other similar profession.
- Desirable working experience with MSF or other NGOs. For OCP this is essential
- Desirable working experience in developing countries.
- English and/or French
- Computer literacy
- People Management.
- Duration of the contract Fix Term Contract
- Salary / Indemnities Salary defined by the MSF-Spain salary grid, additional monthly living allowance, lodging provided at the organization’s guesthouse/or housing allowance, transportation costs covered, provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter through this link: http://cv.msf.es/en/msf-cv-forms/form-001/es
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned position.