RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
- Visit OCBA missions to give on-site ICT expert advice and support to activities linked to TEMBO Ecosystem deployment according to planned field visits or the specific requirements of TEMBO Program.
- Carry out evaluations of technical TEMBO activities and document and make available the lesson learnt accordingly.
- Support the efficiency of ICT infrastructure in the field linked to TEMBO Ecosystem, by providing proactive advice to all stakeholders. Operations, Logistics, Field Teams, Project teams, Service Delivery teams.
- Ensure coherent architecture depending on needs of central ICT infrastructure, connectivity, operating system, application layer, data security and MDM.
- Advise field teams about ICT best practices on information security (IS) regarding the use of technology in TEMBO Ecosystem.
- Act as second support level for ICT services / platforms linked to TEMBO environment in the missions, following MSF OCBA standards and policies, and keeping a proper documentation of each case.
- Propose, plan and implement ICT solutions by leading specific initiatives and projects based on TEMBO needs analysis.
- Receive, set and validate ICT equipment to be used for deployment of TEMBO Ecosystem in the missions.
- Stay up to date on hardware developments in mobile devices (tablets, phones) and IoT.
- Participate in R&D initiatives related to TEMBO Program where a technical role is needed.
- Ensure a coherent documentation (processes, procedures and others knowledge assets/tools) is available for field teams.
- Support the whole training process related to his/her expertise including needs analysis, draft documentation, perform the training and evaluate its final results.
- Train and share his/her expertise with teammates, field staff or other MSF teams.
- Become available for field deployment on technical preparation of TEMBO tools.
- Evaluate and ensure the operation of the ICT infrastructure linked to TEMBO Ecosystem.
- Improvements in management processes, reporting and analysis of monitoring activities of ICT infrastructure.
- Evaluation of ICT needs in Mission, propose trainings.
Education and experience
- Systems or Telecommunication Engineer degree
- Fluent in English and French. Spanish desirable
- Certification as Mobile App Developer or similar.
- Service management methodology, ITIL desirable
- Project Management methodology is an asset
- Field experience with MSF or supporting MSF operations is a plus
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Manage Enterprise Architecture
- Manage Relationships
- Manage Service Agreements
- Manage Suppliers
Good command of:
- Use and support of Microsoft Office suites (mainly Office 365 cloud environment), Intranet based on MSF Sharepoint.
- Operating systems: MS Windows, MS Windows Server, Linux.
- Mobile Operating Systems: Android, iOS.
- Development, deployment and support of mobile applications.
- Development, deployment and support of E-Learning platforms such as Totara/Moodle and other opensource systems.
- Architecture and communications systems.
- DB Administration: MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Telecommunications: mobile communications, VSAT, satellite, WLAN, Networking.
- Others: Data integration, reporting, cloud platforms (Azure, AWS)
Previous experience in a similar job or in other jobs within the Organisation or Sector
- 2 years’ experience supporting Systems and Telecommunication services in complex contexts.
- Specialized courses in Microsoft, Linux, Android and iOS operating systems.
- Experience managing and supporting Networking environments.
- Experience with satellite communication platforms (Bgan, Satphones, Vsat, etc.) Certification is an asset.
- Knowledge transfer and training people.
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Perform under stress, deal with persons acting under stress and adapt when confronted with emergency situations
- Field visit to unstable context project.
- Provide support to different entities MSF OCBA
- Coordinate with Field ICT line manager
- HQ position home based, with frequent field visits (up to 80% of the time)
- Contract: 6 months, with possible extension
- Full time job
- Salary Scale: B7
- Gross annual salary: 26,981.28 Euros (divided into 12 months payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy
- Practical working conditions while in the field are as per the MSF-OCBA guideline
- Starting date: March 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “MIOTEMBOIT" to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
- Closing date: 24/02/2019
- Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
- Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned position.