Position: Compensation and Benefits Manager
Location: MSF Operational Centre hub
Working time: 100%
Starting date: March 1, 2018
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 19 sections, 23 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
The position of International Compensation & Benefits (C&B) Manager is focused on permanent activities in the area of international staff compensation & benefits and international administration coordination.
PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The position of International C&B Manager is part of the international compensation and benefits team (under the international HR coordination). He/she reports to the International C&B Coordinator and works closely with the International Finance Coordinator and other key staff in sections, in all five Operational Centres and occasionally partner sections of MSF.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The purpose of the position of C&B Manager is to manage the maintenance of the international staff C&B system (per diem, salary) its translation into Symphony, as well as the C&B data analysis (indicators and exceptions monitoring).
SALARY GRID and PER DIEM MAINTENANCE
- Liaise with providers and procure all necessary updated data from providers according to agreed schedule and on an ad-hoc basis when necessary.
- Process and analyse data, prepare scenarios based on priorities defined for the year and prepare recommendations.
- Support internal discussions and decision-making process with relevant platforms and working groups.
- Oversee the implementation of new grids when relevant, developing necessary documentation and tools, supporting and documenting the roll out (in contracting sections for salaries, in/through OCs for Per Diems).
- Manage provider reviews and investigation as relevant.
- Manage data collection and analysis, developing and improving templates
- Process and analysis data into a report identifying relevant recommendations
- Maintain and update exception monitoring policy, working with C&B Coordinator to ensure that objectives remain relevant.
- Work with MSF Luxembourg to produce C&B annual indicators, based on framework defined, updating it as needed with C&B coordinator.
- Support reporting and presentations of report/conclusions as needed.
- Contribute to formulation of key communication messages and use of data in collaboration with Communication Officer for international HR projects.
By delegation of the International C&B Coordinator, coordinate the International Administration Managers (IAM) platform:
- Prepare agendas and manage minutes; organize and facilitate meetings
- Share information and establish interface with other stakeholders as necessary
- Ensure follow up of issues between meetings and coordinate prioritized activities
CONTRACTING OF INTERNATIONAL STAFF
- Oversee implementation of global policies relating to contracting where relevant (e.g. taxation), coordinating with contracting issues when needed
- Contribute to development of international policies and framework relating to contracting of international staff when relevant
- Manage assigned projects relating to contracting of international staff
Coordinate and articulate C&B and administrative issues with Symphony
- Liaise with Symphony team and ensure policies and procedures are correctly translated into Symphony
- Liaise with Symphony for implementation of related changes in international C&B policies
- Adapt international guidelines and processes to new system process as needed, in coordination with the International Administration Managers platform.
- Ensure adequate document management and availability of information relating to his/her activities in the relevant tools (Oops, Pamoja etc.)
The duties of the position may evolve according to the development and implementation of other MSF international HR projects.
Qualifications and work experience
- Graduate with degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
- Experience with MSF in an HR capacity
- Technical knowledge in developing or managing tools for C&B (excel)
- Knowledge of MSF international staff current Compensation & Benefits system
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Oral and written fluency in French an asset
- Experience in HR and Compensation & Benefits at an international level an asset
Deadline for applications: 23 January 2018
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOemail@example.com stating “C&B Manager” in the subject
Please submit only ONE file containing your CV and cover letter and name the file with your last name only.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.