CONTEXT AND GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POST
The objective of the Tesaue Advisor Support is to support the Health Adviser of the Emergency Unit (TESAUE) and the medical deputy Desk (med-dDesk) in the development of daily tasks in order to ensure the adequate medical functioning of emergency projects.
S/he is hierarchically and functionally reporting to the TESAUE. TESAUE provides him/her with support, guidance, supervision and development of professional competences.
S/he is part of the Emergency Unit (EU). The Operational Cell is made up of a person in charge of the Cell (REUE), one deputy REUE, one health advisor (TESAUE), one logistics advisor (TELUE), one financial advisor (FINOUE), one human resources advisor (REHUUE) and one supply logistician (LogUe)
Current Cell’s portfolio includes missions which imply at present a high variety of medical activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
The functions conducted by a Tesaue Advisor Support include:
A: To contribute to his/her Operational Cell:
- Supporting the TESAUE and med-dDesk in being globally acquainted and up-to-date with the projects.
- Representing the EU during field visits, if requested.
- Participating in the medical sparring required for the definition of medical and operational strategies
B: To give technical medical support to the missions, including:
- Together with the TESAUE or Med-dDesk, support in the definition and drafting of the technical components of the projects.
- Giving feedback within the stipulated timeframe to the teams in the field relating to technical medical issues (with the support of the rest of the team in the Medical Department if necessary) and the agreement of the TESAUE or Med-dDesk.
C: To ensure appropriate procurement, monitoring and management of medical supplies:
- Formulates initial orders when launching interventions
- Medical orders follow-up (with the support of Log Supply).
- Ensure correct monitoring and management of medical supplies in the field. Ensuring that the medical supplies chosen are adapted to the various projects. Making sure they are appropriate and their need justified.
- Ensuring that MSF’s policy concerning local drugs purchases is respected.
- Collaboration in the review of emergency stock in Brussels (proposal of new contents according to preliminary analysis done by log supply)
D: To support technical training and data collection:
- Ensuring that the medico-technical materials and bibliography requested by the projects are duly delivered (in addition to the information periodically distributed by the Medical Department).
- Ensure availability and data of emergency interventions implemented by OCBA
- To collaborate with TESAUE in definition of reporting for emergencies (proposal of medical sitrep content and medical monitoring tools based on medical tool kit)
- Collaborating in the preparation of briefings and debriefings of medical (and non-medical) professionals in his/her cell.
- Participate in the medical on call system of HQ.
Education and experience
- Qualified Medical Doctor or Nurse with experience in pharmacy management.
- Experience with MSF (essential)
- Experience in emergency interventions (an asset)
- Fluency in English (essential)
- Fluency in French (highly recommended)
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic Vision
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Post based in Barcelona MSF OCBA HQ.
- Full-time job
- Interim position: 9 months (cover of maternity leave)
- Annual gross salary: € 35,964.18 (divided in 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy.
- Starting date: immediately
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference "TESAUE Support" to email@example.com
- Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME
- Closing date: 11th of January 2018
- Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates