Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 4 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including Projects & IT Office.
Design, manage and ensure the development, implementation, evolution and corrective maintenance of the Headquarters Finance and General Management solutions according to MSF OCBA needs and Projects & IT Office premises to enhance the productivity of the organizational solutions
- Support the ERP, Compliance and Learning Solutions Manager in the development of projects and services to ensure the alignment of functional and technical requirements
The HQ Finance & GM Technician will work within the Projects & IT Office team, and s/he will be hierarchically and functionally accountable to the ERP, Compliance and Learning Solutions Manager
MAIN FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Maintain the operations and performance of systems and applications of Finance and General Management for Headquarters
- Update the needed documentation related to the applications (instructions, manuals, training module)
- Manage and provide technical support to the development of applications and information systems for HQ Finance and GM (Planning Monitor Cycle and Governance, Risk and Compliance) processes and its evolutionary and corrective maintenance
- Provide users technical support for an efficient operation and integration of data and information based on the procedures established in the management of MSF systems and applications
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance initiatives for Finance, PMC & GRC
- Understands Finance planning and accounting processes.
- Keep up to date on latest technologies and applications through training, periodicals, research and development
- Design and optimize data models and standards, databases and information flow processes services of HQ Finance, PMC & GRC according to the availability and security requirements established by IT
- Perform the correct integration of data and processes information that is stored in Finance, PMC & GRC systems with other functional departments of MSF
- Ensure that the different platforms and user interfaces supported are compliant with MSF OCBA Information Security premises
- Analyse the risks involved before any intervention in production systems
- Ensure that procedures lifecycle of the applications are still both logically and in different physical environments that are available (development, integration, production)
- Execute system validation tests and procedures of the systems belonging to the Finance and GM functions
- Work with external service providers ensuring the operation of systems and troubleshooting
- Contribute to the sharing of knowledge to the organization in the areas under his/her responsibility
- Academic Background: Business Administration and Management, Economics or similar
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- SAP certification is a clear advantage.
- Desirable experience in software implementation and/or support to end-users
- Desirable experience in software testing, preparation of documentation and instructions
- Knowledge in GRC is a plus
- Fluent in Spanish and English. French is a plus.
- Good command of Microsoft Office and/or Open Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio
- Very good command of SAP FI, CO, PS, AA or similar ERP solutions
- Knowledge of Data Cycle Planning or similar resources planning solutions is an asset
- User knowledge of Sharepoint, Office365
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Permanent position based in Barcelona–Spain, at the Médecins Sans Frontières Spain Headquarters.
- Full time job.
- Minimum commitment with the position of 3 years
- Annual gross salary: 29,187.26 € (divided into twelve monthly payments) + Secondary Benefits based on the MSF-OCBA Reward Policy
- Starting date: immediately
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “HQ Finance & GM Technician” to email@example.com.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
Closing date: January 27th, 2017
Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned position.