Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including Projects & IT Office.
The Projects & IT Office is based at the Organization's headquarters in Barcelona and it is composed of the PMO, Governance & Information Security, Service Desk & Infrastructure, Apps 4 Ops, Apps & Projects, Field ICT.
PMO, Governance & Information Security is a transversal unit to the department, and it is composed of five large functional areas that provide services to the rest of the units and also the rest of the organization. These areas are the following:
- PMO: manages the IT project portfolio, and defines methodologies and best practices.
- IT Service management defines and supervises the implementation of the agreed IT service management strategy based on the service catalogue and the design and implementation of the main processes in the area.
- Information Security: manages the Data Protection Office and Information Security compliance in the Organization and defines and follows the policies of Information security.
- Knowledge, change and transition: ensures the access to knowledge, directs the change management strategy of new services or projects and a good transition between projects and services.
- Controlling: manages the finance control of the Projects & IT area to ensure budget tracking within the Planning Management Cycle and takes the necessary actions to optimize resources in the services provided by the P&IT office.
The PMO Technician will work within the Projects & IT Office, and s/he will be hierarchically and functionally accountable to the Head of the PMO, Governance & Information Security
MAIN FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The main tasks and responsibilities of the position are included in the functions of the PMO, Governance and Information Security Unit:
Definition and implementation of the service management strategy and new ticketing tool deployment.
In the project of the revision of the current tools of ticketing, migration to the new system and start-up and review of associated processes:
- Collaborate with the role of project manager in the various activities to monitor the progress of the project
- Participate in specific activities within the project plan such as conceptual and functional definition of the solution, management of internal change, data migration, communication and training to the IT team or others.
Implementation of the IT Service Management Processes and IT Service Catalogue:
In the definition of the service catalog of the area and the implementation of IT service management processes:
- Collaborate in the implementation of the new service catalog: start-up and maintenance of the tool and its contents.
- Collaborate in the implementation of the new IT Service Management processes: participation in the preparation of service committees and definition / implementation of key processes. Take part in the definition of service cards for the different service identified in the service catalogue.
Collaboration in the Data Protection compliance & Information Security tasks:
- Collaborate in the implementation of the new European regulation on data protection, development of technical measures, risks, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate in the management of tasks and basic incidents in the field of Data protection and information security.
- Participate in the monitoring of the implemented measures.
- Collaborate in the development of the information security and DPO site in Sharepoint.
Knowledge, transition & Change management activities
- Provide the knowledge transfer and consolidation of the organization in the areas of responsibility of IT to enable the efficient retention of knowledge within MSF OCBA
- Participate in the integration of change management activities into plans of IT managed projects.
- Collaboration in the organization of trainings and other activities linked to the transition and change management of the P&IT projects and new services.
- Provide status of work in progress and/or issues related to knowledge/change & transition management to the Head of the Governance Office and the Project Manager
- Academic Background: Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration and Management, Economics or similar;
- Experience in project management;
- Knowledge or previous experience in the use / configuration of a ticketing tool supporting an IT service desk function desirable;
- Experience in Information Security desirable;
- Experience or knowledge in Knowledge and change management principles, methodologies and tools;
- Experience in training programs desirable;
- English required; French and Spanish desirable;
- Experience in managing suppliers desirable;
- Experience in working for a diverse, non-technical, geographically dispersed organization desirable;
- Field experience in humanitarian projects with MSF or other organizations is an asset;
- Good command of Microsoft Office and/or Open Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Intranet based on MS Sharepoint, Office 365;
- Knowledge of Zendesk or other service management solutions is an asset;
- Desirable knowledge of best practices frameworks and standard methodologies: ITIL, ISO 20000, COBIT, SCRUM, Agile, PMBOK, Lean IT, ISO 27001;
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Temporary position based in Barcelona–Spain, at the Médecins Sans Frontières Spain Headquarters.
- Full time job.
- Commitment with the position of 11 months
- Annual gross salary 29,479.13 € (divided into twelve monthly payments) + Secondary Benefits based on the MSF-OCBA Reward Policy
- Starting date: February 2019
HOW TO APPLY
- All applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “PMO Technician” to email@example.com.
- Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME
- Closing date: 30th January 2019
- Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
- Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del
- Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned position.