Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including the Human Resources Department.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafting advertisements for open calls for applications to publicise vacancies externally, in coordination with the publishing agency.
- Managing publications and job offers on the various communication channels.
- Follow up calls for applications to ensure their quality.
- Take part in active recruiting activities.
- Adapting the tool for each selection process so that all processes are conducted professionally, bearing in mind the specificity of each (process evolution form, CV/interview assessment form, interview script, vacancy follow-up form, etc.).
- Making a long list by analysing and scoring CVs received and classified, or, for decentralised processes run by a consultancy, receiving and scoring reports of the shortlisted candidates to present to line managers.
- Activating shortlisted candidate references and internal candidate appraisals.
- Taking part in the interview and following stages, at the request of the line manager.
- Filtering candidates who have sent in their CV via SAP or who are part of a process, in accordance with the criteria set down.
- Giving tests, screening and telephone or face-to-face interviews to candidates who are accepted.
- Taking part in the Assessment Centre, as an observer or administrator, in Spain and in the rest of the world.
- Activating references and managing candidate feedback.
- Introduce the validated candidates to their respective pool managers.
- Closing calls for applications and selection processes for HQ and field.
- Performing the necessary SAP management:
- Assigning vacancies and other activities of selected candidates.
- Updating candidate details and qualifications.
- Calculation of indemnities and salaries of the candidates according to the IRP system.
- Performing the various tasks and steps required as part of the recruitment and selection process.
- Involvement in unit planning, as requested.
- Drafting compliance reports and reporting.
- Participate in trainings, ex. HHRR part of the PPD.
- Participate in the selection process revision and development/ improvement.
Education and experience:
- Experience in selecting and recruiting.
- Fluent French and English, Spanish is a plus.
- Experience in the humanitarian sector. Ideally field experience with MSF.
- Use of IT tools and Web 2.0 software (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Knowledge of the ERP-SAP system is a plus.
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Availability to travel, to the various recruitment areas around the world.
- Post based in Barcelona, at the Médecins Sans Frontières-Spain Headquarters
- Minimum commitment with the post of 3 years
- Full time job
- Annual gross salary: 30,314.30 € (divided in twelve monthly payments) + Secondary Benefits based on MSF-OCBA Reward Policy
- Starting: immediately
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants should send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “Rec&Sel Officer” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME. Closing date: June 16th, 2019.
Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
MSF OCBA is a people-focused humanitarian organization that offers a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive work environment. We believe this approach enhances our work and we’re committed to equity in employment. We embrace diverse backgrounds of people working together to exhibit their passion in action for the social mission of MSF.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.