The Security Implementer will support the MSF missions by implementing the pre-defined Country and Project Security Plans including risk analysis and risk reduction measures. Sahel and sub-Sahelian Africa are likely to be the most common regions of work.
- To support MSF staff with identification of threats & analysis of risk levels in mission coordination’s and projects. This will in turn help teams to identify informed and nuanced Risk V Benefit levels (personal/institutional risk levels compared to Medical & Humanitarian relevance of intervention).
- To implement security plans including risk analysis, risk reduction measures (S.O.Ps & site protection), incident management and contingency planning in MSF mission coordination’s and projects.
- To conduct theoretical and practical (simulations & “on site”) trainings for risk reduction measures, incident management and contingency planning.
- To coach and educate MSF staff (international & national) to understand the environment of warfare within which they are working and risk management tools to minimize MSF teams’ exposure.
- To support the Security Advisor in developing standardized OCG Security management formats and tools and trainings including their implementation in missions/projects/HQ.
- More than 4 years of experience working in conflict areas in for a non-military organization
- Experience with MSF or a similar NGO is an asset
- Experienced on context analysis and Threat/Risk analysis.
- Strong coaching skills regarding implementation of security management and Applied Security technical skills
- Clear understanding and alignment with humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality and independence.
- Experience in developing training strategies, procedures and tools, as well as organizing and facilitating workshops.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with and coach teams
- Fluency in French and English
- Arabic and/or Spanish is an asset
Terms of Employment
- Fixed-term contract 12 months,
- Based in Geneva, with up to 50% of field visits
- Ideal starting date: 1st February 2019
- Gross monthly salary : from CHF 7’548.- to CHF 8’661.- (salary commensurate with experience and internal salary grid)
How to apply
- Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in English or in French.
- Closing date for application is 17th January 2019.
The applications will be treated confidentially. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more details on the job offer or MSF, please visit our website: http://www.msf.ch/travailler-avec-nous/