Location: Barcelona, Paris
Contract: Fixed-term, full-time
Duration: 18 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
Deadline for application: 16th of February
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together (the Movement). Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
MSF is embarking on a global HRIS project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 24 MSF recruitment offices.
In the preliminary phase of the project, a feasibility study was carried out, Technical and technical requirements defined and a HRIS solution identified. The project is now in the implementation phase aiming at realizing the solution with SAP HR /HCM and deploying it in the MSF offices and is enlarging the project team to carry out this international project.
This is an exciting and challenging position within a stimulating environment in a major international organization. The role will be supported in all its tasks by the Program team members.
III.PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
Inside the MSF International Office, you will be a member of the Symphony Program Team and you will report directly to the Symphony Program Manager. You will actively interact with all MSF HR and IT actors in all sections.
The Project Management Officer is responsible for ensuring the execution of administrative activities and provides support in the management of the program. She/He assists the program manager in optimizing the management of his activity from a relational, organizational and administrative point of view.
- Support the Program Management for the organization of events and distribution of internal communication tools
- Include every new member into the relevant groups of discussions and update the contact lists and ppt presentations
- Arrange meetings for the Program Board and other MSF platforms
- Be aware of MSF internal communication tools and platforms and implement the in the Symphony team in agreement with the Head of Staff.
- Organize the Sharepoint site in order to reflect the organization of the team
- Make sure that all documents, minutes and presentations are stored in Sharepoint at the good place and communicate their location to the team
- Manage the permissions of the site and make sure that the information is accessible to the relevant people
- Implement and make the MSF naming convention respect
- Stay aware of all the IT tools (mainly Microsoft tools) developed in MSF and implement them for the program when needed.
- Train people of the team on these tools and be a first line of support for any technical issues.
- Be the contact point with the Sharepoint and O365 teams to ensure an efficient support
Support to Project Management
- Keep a global overview of projects: overall planning and requirements from stakeholders
- Advise to project manager in terms of Project Manager good practice
- Ensuring that minimum standards of project management are implemented (clear objectives, KPIs, planning, reporting)
- Maintain and communicate the high-level global planning
- Propose project management tools and ensure project teams are making the best use of it
- Act as secretariat for the project manager and the Scientific and steering committee platform, prepare/distribute the agendas, attend meetings, preparing/distributing clear meeting minutes and follow-up on actions taken.
- Facilitate team organization through logistic support (book meetings, organize calls)
- Support the projects manager in developing impactful presentations and project communication documentations
The position may be called to evolve in the coming month in term of perimeter of responsibilities as well as in term of reporting line.
- 3-5 years’ work-experience in a similar position, involving a great variety of stakeholders
- Good knowledge of project management tools and methodologies. Knowledge of Microsoft Project and or any other Project piloting tools
- Strong planning and organising skills, ability to see the big picture
- Pragmatic and searching for solutions
- Good proficiency in English (written and oral) is mandatory.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to handle work in multicultural and virtual teams.
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic HR and HR transformation is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of MSF is a plus
You are a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are comfortable interfacing with our MSF management daily as this role requires daily interaction with our internal Stakeholders at many levels.
Strong written and verbal communication in English and in French, presentation and diplomacy skills, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a Genuine interest in, understanding of, and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF. Demonstrated teamwork collaboration in a professional setting with experience leading remote teams, Stakeholder management skills and demonstrates characteristics of a forward thinker and self-starter that thrives on new challenges and adapts quickly to complex structure.
Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders at different levels of the organization;
Willingness to travel (50%) to meet MSF internal client needs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.