Location: Barcelona, Paris
Contract: Fixed-term, full-time
Duration: End of 2019, renewable
Starting date: As soon as possible
Deadline for application: 12th of February
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together (the Movement). Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
MSF is embarking on a global HRIS project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 24 MSF recruitment offices.
In the preliminary phase of the project, a feasibility study was carried out, functional and technical requirements defined and a HRIS solution identified. The project is now in the implementation phase aiming at realizing the solution with SAP HR /HCM and deploying it in the MSF offices and is enlarging the project team to carry out this international project.
The SAP HR /HCM –Functional Lead will be leading the finalization of the global template of the tool while supporting the implementation of the tool and coordinating the activities of the team in relation with the roll out managers. This is a challenging position within a stimulating environment in a major international organization.
III.PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
Inside the MSF International Office s/he will be a member of the Symphony Program Team.
S/he will be based in MSF-Hub and s/he will report to the Symphony Deputy Program Manager and will manage a team of 10 to 12 people.
S/he is a key member of the management team of the program and is expected to contribute to the overall management of the team and good functioning of the program organization.
- People Management: Lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, recruit and evaluate team members under her/his responsibility.
- Project management: Monitor progress of the functional stream, in close relationship with the Rollout Managers, manage risk and keep program management informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Involved in setting HR Functional strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility;
- Has latitude in decision-making and interacts with senior management levels, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters;
- Overall, SAP HR/HCM and e-Rec Solution Functional global process: Lead the functional team for an integrated SAP HR/HCM and e-Rec solution S/he is in responsible of all functional aspects of the global template including release, test activities and training materials;
- Guide/supervise the team under his/her responsibility on all functional implications moving forward;
- Manage the functional team to prepare all required outcomes such as: Functional Design, HR process Testing Plan, functional integration Plan;
- Monitor providers’ relationship
- Prepare and manage the new SAP HR/HCM and e-Rec system for a global roll-out (all sections);
- Support local teams on their roll out plans in conjunction with the roll out managers.
- In conjunction with the technical team, support the implementation of a middleware and support the work on data migration and data management
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a smooth handover of activities once in production of support and maintenance activities
The position may be called to evolve in the coming month in term of perimeter of responsibilities as well as in term of reporting line.
V.REQUIREMENTS Qualifications and work experience
- More than 10 years of experience in SAP HCM essential
- At least 2 full-cycle implementations
- Experience in international projects
- Deep Knowledge of OM and PA modules
- Knowledge of SAP Global Employee solution
- Experience with global HR business processes and requirements,
- Competent in all Microsoft office products
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
- Knowledge of the e-Rec module is an asset
- MSF knowledge is an additional asset
- Knowledge of TTS is an additional asset
- Knowledge of TM (Time Management) and PY (Payroll) modules is an asset
- Genuine interest in understanding of, and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF.
- Demonstrated teamwork collaboration in a professional setting with experience leading remote and high performance teams,
- Stakeholder management skills
- Quick adaptability to complex structures,
- Ability in Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Oriented to objectives
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders at different levels of the organization and with Software providers,
- Ability to manage stress and deal with challenging deadlines
- Strong work ethic coupled with strong analytical and problem solving skills,
- Willingness to travel (50%) to meet MSF needs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.