Location: Barcelona, Paris
Contract: Fixed-term, full-time
Duration: 6 months, renewable
Starting date: As soon as possible
Deadline for application: 12th of February
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together (the Movement). Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
MSF is embarking on a global HRIS project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 24 MSF recruitment offices.
In the preliminary phase of the project, a feasibility study was carried out, Technical and technical requirements defined and a HRIS solution identified. The project is now in the implementation phase aiming at realizing the solution with SAP HR /HCM and deploying it in the MSF offices and is enlarging the project team to carry out this international project.
The SAP HR /HCM –Technical Lead will be leading the finalization the implementation of a middleware in conjunction with the integration, implement a strong support and maintenance model for the program while supporting the implementation of the tool and coordinating the activities of the team in relation with the roll out managers. This is a challenging position within a stimulating environment in a major international organization.
III.PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
Inside the MSF International Office s/he will be a member of the Symphony Program Team.
S/he will be based in MSF-Hub and s/he will report to the Symphony Deputy Program Manager and will manage a team of 6 people.
S/he is a key member of the management team of the program and is expected to contribute to the overall management of the team and good functioning of the program organization.
- People Management: lead and motivate a team with diverse skills and backgrounds, recruit and evaluate team members under her/his responsibility.
- Project management: monitor progress of the Technical stream, in close relationship with the Rollout Managers, manage risk and keep program management informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Has latitude in decision-making and interacts with senior management levels, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters;
- Use his SAP experience to ensure the technical landscape is kept aligned with new needs coming from the program, prepare strategy to onboard new technical opportunities.
- Maintain and improve the Technical and integration landscape
- Keep the authorization model aligned with GDPR guidelines
- Middleware project, Symphony to sections integration
- Define agreements and plans with external providers assigned. Be the point of contact for technical interactions and be the validation person ensuring highest quality of technical outcomes delivered by providers;
- Guide/supervise the team under his/her responsibility on all Technical implications moving forward;
- Support local teams on their roll out plans in conjunction with the roll out managers for technical topics.
- In conjunction with the functional team, support the finalization of the global template.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a smooth handover of activities to support once solution is deployed and hypercare is closed.
The position may be called to evolve in the coming month in term of perimeter of responsibilities as well as in term of reporting line.
V.REQUIREMENTS Qualifications and work experience
- MS/BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering;
- Minimum of 10 years proven track record as Project manager/Technical Lead in complex environment. Essential at least 5 years on SAP HR/HCM strong exposure in multinational environment;
- Experience in full life-cycle SAP projects and international environment;
- Experience in conducting workshops with senior stakeholders;
- Experience with testing (SIT/UAT), training, knowledge transfer and deployment;
- Certification on Project Management (Waterfall, Accelerated SAP or others) and IT best practices (ITIL) would be a plus;
- Proven experience in SAP architecture design, infrastructure, systems integration, security and access management;
- Experience in Service Delivery Management and organization;
- Experience with quality assurance in development including Data Protection and IT policies.
- Genuine interest in understanding of, and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF
- Demonstrated teamwork collaboration in a professional setting with experience leading remote and high-performance teams
- Stakeholder management skills
- Quick adaptability to complex structures
- Ability in Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Oriented to objectives
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders at different levels of the organization and with Software providers
- Ability to manage stress and deal with challenging deadlines
- Strong work ethic coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel (50%) to meet MSF needs
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.