III. CURRENT STATUS OF THE PROJECT
After almost two years of investments developing the foundation of the project and learning from the initial pilots, the program will enter the deployment, adoption and scaling-up phase with the use of TEMBO in our field projects.
During 2019 we expect to deploy the TEMBO Digital Learning Ecosystem including different resources ( ElSoL, Clinical skills, CoP’s, Digital pioneers, e-campus courses, ops manual, PMR resource).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
- Visit OCBA missions to give on-site ICT expert advice and support to activities linked to TEMBO Ecosystem deployment according to planned field visits or the specific requirements of TEMBO Program.
- Carry out evaluations of technical TEMBO activities and document and make available the lesson learnt accordingly.
- Support the efficiency of ICT infrastructure in the field linked to TEMBO Ecosystem, by providing proactive advice to all stakeholders. Operations, Logistics, Field Teams, Project teams, Service Delivery teams.
- Ensure coherent architecture depending on needs of central ICT infrastructure, connectivity, operating system, application layer, data security and MDM.
- Advise field teams about ICT best practices on information security (IS) regarding the use of technology in TEMBO Ecosystem.
- Act as second support level for ICT services / platforms linked to TEMBO environment in the missions, following MSF OCBA standards and policies, and keeping a proper documentation of each case.
- Propose, plan and implement ICT solutions by leading specific initiatives and projects based on TEMBO needs analysis.
- Receive, set and validate ICT equipment to be used for deployment of TEMBO Ecosystem in the missions.
- Stay up to date on hardware developments in mobile devices (tablets, phones) and IoT.
- Participate in R&D initiatives related to TEMBO Program where a technical role is needed.
- Ensure a coherent documentation (processes, procedures and others knowledge assets/tools) is available for field teams.
- Support the whole training process related to his/her expertise including needs analysis, draft documentation, perform the training and evaluate its final results.
- Train and share his/her expertise with teammates, field staff or other MSF teams.
- Become available for field deployment on technical preparation of TEMBO tools.
- Evaluate and ensure the operation of the ICT infrastructure linked to TEMBO Ecosystem.
- Improvements in management processes, reporting and analysis of monitoring activities of ICT infrastructure.
- Evaluation of ICT needs in Mission, propose trainings.
Education and experience
- Systems or Telecommunication Engineer degree
- Fluent in English and French. Spanish desirable
- Certification as Mobile App Developer or similar.
- Service management methodology, ITIL desirable
- Project Management methodology is an asset
- Field experience with MSF or supporting MSF operations is a plus
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Manage Enterprise Architecture
- Manage Relationships
- Manage Service Agreements
- Manage Suppliers
Good command of:
- Use and support of Microsoft Office suites (mainly Office 365 cloud environment), Intranet based on MSF Sharepoint.
- Operating systems: MS Windows, MS Windows Server, Linux.
- Mobile Operating Systems: Android, iOS.
- Development, deployment and support of mobile applications.
- Development, deployment and support of E-Learning platforms such as Totara/Moodle and other opensource systems.
- Architecture and communications systems.
- DB Administration: MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Telecommunications: mobile communications, VSAT, satellite, WLAN, Networking.
- Others: Data integration, reporting, cloud platforms (Azure, AWS)
Previous experience in a similar job or in other jobs within the Organisation or Sector
- 2 years’ experience supporting Systems and Telecommunication services in complex contexts.
- Specialized courses in Microsoft, Linux, Android and iOS operating systems.
- Experience managing and supporting Networking environments.
- Experience with satellite communication platforms (Bgan, Satphones, Vsat, etc.) Certification is an asset.
- Knowledge transfer and training people.
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Perform under stress, deal with persons acting under stress and adapt when confronted with emergency situations
- Field visit to unstable context project.
- Provide support to different entities MSF OCBA
- Coordinate with Field ICT line manager
- HQ position home based, with frequent field visits (up to 80% of the time)
- Contract: 6 months, with possible extension
- Full time job
- Salary Scale: B7
- Gross annual salary: 26,981.28 Euros (divided into 12 months payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy
- Practical working conditions while in the field are as per the MSF-OCBA guideline
- Starting date: March 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
- All applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “MIO DEPIT2” to email@example.com.
- Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME
- Closing date: 5th of April, 2019
- Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minus válido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned position